Jun 7, 2012

Jonah Became Angry

   Jonah became angry when God did not bring upon the Ninevites the destruction He had threatened. (Jonah 4:1)
   As Jonah proclaimed to them God's message, his attention must have been focused on their destruction rather than on their repentance. Otherwise, he would have delighted that the city was not destroyed and the people were saved. Also, Jonah was displeased because what he had told the Ninevites didn't come true, which severely wounded his pride. He failed to pay close attention to the reason why God had made him tell the message to this corrupt city.
  This story reminds me of Ezekiel 18:32.
For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord, Repent and live!
  God takes no pleasure in the death of ANYONE. He wants everyone to repent and live.  I pray that God will let me share His compassion all the time. I live surrounded with people who do not know God yet. Do I always see them as God does?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments.